Thursday, September 4, 2008

Yay! My washer's fixed!

I have never been so happy to be doing laundry at 10:00 pm. Our (2 year old) washer broke a few weeks ago, and after taking it apart and replacing the, broken in two, plastic part, it still wasn't working right. Mr. Right Brain finally had time to take it apart again, tonight, and found and fixed the problem. Even though we all wear many clothing items more than once, with a family of 6 we have a lot of laundry every week! In the past two weeks I have spent $38 to wash cloths at the laundry mat. That didn't even include drying, which we line dried at home. I was so desperate today that I hand washed a few things just to get by. I was determined not to lay out any more money at the laundry mat. Boy is hand washing hard work! If you are interested in hand washing, Robyn, at Lentils and Rice has some good advice on how to to it much easier. For now, I'm sticking with my much appreciated washing machine!

No comments: