Sunday, May 16, 2010

Walking for a Cause





I did two 5k walks this weekend. The ARC of Schuyler on Saturday, and the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on Sunday. In past years I have also walked and raised money for our local SPCA and a walk in memory of two local police officers that were killed in the line of duty. Now that I think about it, I have been doing them for almost ten years now. I strongly encourage people to get out and participate in walks like this. It's a great way to get involved in your local community, meet new people, raise money for good causes and in doing so make a difference, and get some fresh air and exercise at the same time. If you don't want to or can't walk you can also look into volunteering at them.

Yes, those are boobies on my friend Shelly's hat. She wears them for breast cancer walks. That is her friend Judy in the wheelchair, and my daughter Sarah in the middle. Sarah ran the whole 5k this year. A piece of cake for her since she is a cross country runner, but I'm still very proud of her! Yay Sarah!

No comments: